Monday, May 18, 2009

Invasion of Privacy??



If you have not heard of the Backscatter X-Rays, you need to hear about them now. I do not know about you, but I am am not really willing to give up a basic Constitutional Right to not submit to unreasonable searches and seizures just to get on an airplane. This is what some people are being asked to do in the year 2009. It is a virtual strip search conducted in the name of airport security.



I am no leftist, but how far are we willing to go in the name of security?? Where is the crazy ACLU when there is a legitiamate threat to our freedom??? I am not sure what criteria determines who is asked to submit to this humilation; if any of you know - please let me know! I am unlikely to fly as long as this is the direction that TSA is allowed to move by Congress!!

I do not think some TSA officer needs to see my boobs or fat rolls to protect an airplane!! They claim that there are privacy measures taken, but since when has government been completly honest or had any clue about security (such as... the Southern US border!!)??

Through the coarse of my employment, I submit to annual background checks, but am still required to go through airport security just like anybody else. After September 11, TSA was strip searching little old women when their knee replacements set off metal detectors. Leaving privacy issues and any type of decision making authority to the grey-matter deficient airport security is like leaving the Three Stooges in charge.



When will Congress actually defend our CONSTITUTION??

No comments:

Post a Comment

happy to have any opinion even if it differs. I only ask that you keep it clean and on point. Name calling and obscene rants will be deleted. This is a place for RATIONAL people to discuss and debate issues.